Caring for your linen
Washing your linen:
- Wash linen in cold or warm 40 degree water on a gentle cycle.
- Wash linen on its own if possible so it has space to move in the washing machine.
- Do not mix dark and light colours, wash with similar colours.
- Ideally use liquid detergent, but no fabric softener.
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not leave wet on wood as this could lead to stains.
- Do not use harsh detergents or bleaches as this can leave marks.
Drying your linen:
- We recommend not using a tumble dryer however if it is a must, use a low cool setting (cannot be hot).
- If your linen is white, dry them in the sun. The natural bleaching effect of the sun will keep them fresh
- Always dry coloured linen in a shady spot to avoid natural bleaching by the sun.
Ironing your linen:
Linen is loved for its relaxed, creased texture, so there’s no ironing or steaming required. However if you prefer to iron ensure your iron is on a low heat setting and the linen is still slightly damp.
Storing your linen:
- Keep your linen in a dry, dark cupboard all neatly folded away from direct sunlight.
- To prolong the lifespan of the fabric, please always rotate your sheets. Ideally the European way, one set on the bed, one on the line, and one set in the linen cupboard.